Here are complete guide how to get rid of fleas on dogs in easy ways with natural treatment that will not harm your pet. Fleas on your dog will make your dog suffer enough with scratchy especially when it bites and your dog scratched it. This can lead to irritation and damage your dog’s skin. When the fleas bite your dog, this also means your dog lose the blood and it can weaken your dog.
Step by step to get rid of fleas on Dogs Easily With Natural Ways
Do you ever feel bad when knowing fleas come again after treat it? Getting rid of fleas permanently is long term and consistent approach. You need to clean and clear fleas on your dog and also clean your home too. Why? Even after you kill the fleas on your dog, they can come back again especially when there is flea’s population left into the room in your house. You need a complete and effective way to kill the fleas till the eggs and larvae. This guide can help you to kill the fleas in your home and dog.
- Step 1. Check the fleas. The first thing that you need to do before determine the proper treatment for rid of the fleas on your dog is to check the flea’s condition.
- Step 2. Quarantine the dog. After you have established that your dog has fleas, the next step is quarantine your dog. You need to keep the pet with fleas away from other pets and home. Fleas are easily jumped from host to host and you do not want the other pest infected too. This also will avoid fleas infested to furniture, especially bed as this can wind up into furniture and carpet.
- Step 3. De-fleas’ to your pet’s belonging. The next step that you need to do is absolutely throw everything of your dog sleeps and lounges, such as pillow and blanket into machine wash. Your dog bed sleep can be loaded with flea’s eggs and larvae and it can risk to fleas infestation.
- Step 4. The next step, you can goes to treat your dog with fleas treatment such as fleas shampoo and fleas bathe.
Natural ways to get rid of fleas on your dog
Here are several natural ways that you can consider for rid of fleas on your dog.
- Comb with flea comb. Using a flea comb is the easiest and most effective way to get rid of the fleas. In addition, this also will keep your dog always well-groomed. This will make your dog look happy and healthy. When you buy flea comb, buy a high-quality one that will combs out all fleas in all sizes include the eggs and larvae. Before you comb the dog, ensure the hair dog is not tangled to avoid your dog feel pain.
- Turn out your shampoo dog. There are many dog shampoo available in the market and proved work well to kill fleas. Use fleas dog shampoo or you can also make this homemade dog shampoo. Add half cup of your dog shampoo with half cup fresh squeezes lemon juice and two cups water. Mix into the bottle and use it as dog shampoo when you bathe your dog. After your dog bathes, do not let them run around the lawns or trails where the fleas are most reside. Continue to comb the dog’s fur to throw back the fleas.
- Use apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is the great ingredient in your kitchen that must have. Apple cider vinegar has multi-purposes to use include to get rid of the fleas on your pet. Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into ¼ liter water and give your dog drink with this mix throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar will keep the skin/coat of your dog slightly acid and this will naturally repel the fleas. Remember, do not apply the apple cider vinegar directly to the skin as this can irritates especially when applied to broken skin. Consult to your veterinarian when you consider using apple cider vinegar.
- Boric acid powder. Use boric acid powder to dust the areas where it does not expose with sunlight and areas which has humidity higher than 50%. Ensure the pet not lick the residue of boric acid powder. After few days, the eggs will be dry out and larvae will suffocate to death. After that, vacuum to clear away the debris and reside of boric acid powder.
- Wash your dog bedding and heat. Wash the entire bedding of your pet and any fabric where you’re dog likely to lie. When you wash it, you will see how easy you can get rid of the fleas, larvae and eggs when use strong detergent. Drying with heat also effectively for killing eggs and larvae and adult fleas. If the fabric is able to put in dryer, use maximum heat for achieve best result to kill all.
- Vacuum the floor periodically. Fleas love place where it moist and warm. Think to start routinely clean and vacuum your floor, especially when your pet gets fleas. The pet is going around your home all day and it probably rest in nook and every place. Vacuum and clean periodically to prevent fleas multiply and nesting into your entire house.
- Use Fleas collar. Want to use easiest and simple ways? The fleas collar can get rid and prevent fleas to your dog come. The flea collar also controls the flea in steady and constant. You will need to prepare 3-5 drops of cedar or lavender oil. Dilute the essential oil to 1-3 tablespoon water. Pick up the dog collar or bandana. Apply about 5-10 drops of the diluted essential oil into a bandana and rub together the sides of the bandana. Reapply to the collar or bandana once a week and you will see how your dog loves it.
When you want to get rid of fleas on your dogs, there are several effective ways that you can consider. Remember for always consult with the veterinarian to know right quantities you can use without harm your pet.